Alex's picture

Alex's picture
Qing FuHai (taken in late June)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Change in Plans

Well, we found on today that they weren't able to confirm our consulate appointment during the Jan 6 - Jan 22 trip - so our trip has been moved back one week.   Our now confirmed travel dates are Jan 13-Jan27th.   I have to admit that I am disappointed.  I know a week isn't that long, but when you have been waiting 3 years and we were only 10 days away - that week seems like forever.   I was encouraged by a friend of mine however that made me think of it in a different way.   She said maybe this was an answered prayer by Alex's caregiver for her to have one more week to say good-bye to our precious boy.  It's not so bad when I think of it like that (thanks Rox)!  On Jan 17th I will be holding "baby Alex" in my arms for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment